Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today Is A New Day

I was not prepared for yesterday.  Yesterday, on Ron’s birthday, I relived his last few hours of life over and over.  I could not shake it.  The intensity of my loss was overwhelming.   

I could not come to grips with why this had to happen to Ron, to us.  We had what others dream of.   Others will never experience the perfection of our friendship, our relationship, our marriage and our teamwork.  Ronald, my heart will be yours forever.

For those of you who followed RootinForRon.blogspot.com you know that I received copious amounts of red wine in lieu of flowers.  There was one bottle that I was saving for the right time.  This bottle was given to me by Keri and Spiff, neighbours at the marina.  It was Lagarde Malbec 2007.  Yesterday was the right time.  Also, Ron and I have wine glasses with our names on them – a wedding gift from Meghan.  I enjoyed the bottle of Lagarde Malbec in Ron’s wine glass.  It seemed a fitting way to toast and honour Ron on his birthday.

Today as I mentioned is a new day.  I am feeling emotionally exhausted.  I lazed in bed and read while it rained this morning.  As the rain subsided and the winds were calm, I decided it was a good day to go for a row.  My neighbour, Karen, has offered to lend me her sweet little rowboat.  It was a new experience for me and Winston.  Yes, Winston came along.  It was important for me to see if he would be happy rowing with me.  A rowboat is something that I would like to own but I want to make sure it will get the use if I can find a used one.  Thank you Karen and Doug.  Rowing was a great release physically and good for my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment