Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Remembering Ron On February 13th.


I cannot believe it has been a year since my Ron, my beloved husband left us for his new life.

I can believe, during this past year, he has been with me the whole time.   

What do you do on the anniversary of the death of a loved one?  I had to ask myself that question several times.  Each time, nothing appropriate came to mind.  It is not an occasion for celebration.  I also felt that I would require some time alone.  As the great universe would have it, I was sick.  Was it a coincidence?  Not sure.  What I do know is that I needed to drag my sorry butt out of bed and get some fresh air.  Thank goodness for Tylenol.  I got dressed and headed to Sooke.  In Sooke I purchased fresh and beautiful red tulips with rich black centres.  Winston and I were now on our way to Botanical Beach.  The road to Port Renfrew was just what I needed – deserted.  I encountered few.  The beach was the same – perfect.  The sun shone, the waves were crashing and the tide was barely out, but out far enough for me to write in the sand.  When we travelled we did this often.  I then took the flowers and threw them into a raging tidal pool.  They were instantly swept away, just as I wanted.  Winston and I then basked in the sun and allowed ourselves to get lost in the roar and pounding of the waves.  We were one with Ron.  It was a time for sweet and loving memories.  It was a time to just be;  Ron, Winston and me.

I want to thank all of you who texted, emailed and telephoned to let me know that you too, in your own way, were remembering Ron on February 13.


The following song is from one of Ron's favourite artists.  Click the link to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment