Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February So Far


February has so far been a rough couple of weeks.  Without going into details, I have had to face an appeal board of three doctors.  The days leading up to February 6 were agonizing.  To prepare for the appeal I was forced to re-live my journey with Ron and his cancer.   Further, I was also pushed to face my weaknesses during my journey through my grieving process.  The doctors asked questions for three full hours.  Needless to say I was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted.  I retreated to my Volvo.

There I gathered myself before heading out.  As I drove down the lane – flanked by parking on both sides – some lady backed out and hit my shiny Volvo – smack in the middle of the front bumper.  I could not believe it.  I just could not believe it.  Out I climbed.  She said to me, “Where did you come from?”  Then she said, “I think this accident is 50/50.”  I said, “I don’t think so.”  We exchanged names, contact info and I noted her license plate number.  I am happy to say she did contact me and we are sorting through the repairs.

I got word from my marina that I could move Ta Daa home to Westbay on Feb 10.  That was good news for me and Winston.  I had to wait for a rising tide and was home by 1 PM.  It took some time to securely and properly tie up.  Next, Winston and I walked back to Victoria to get the Volvo.  On the way I started to feel unwell.  Hmmm this gurgling tummy is unusual but I was sure it was just a gas bubble working its way through.  I thought wrong.  I no sooner had returned to the boat and I was violently ill.  This went on far too long.  I could barely get out of bed the next day to walk my little fur baby.  Sunday was a bit better but I found it difficult to even drink water.  Thank goodness it passed and its wake left me with headaches for a couple of days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment