If I thought last term was busy with homework, this term is over the top! I had to cancel my weekend with the kids in order to keep up. This weekend alone I managed to complete at least four assignments and the required shooting for other projects due soon. I also met with our Advanced Writing instructor to discuss the magazine that our WAP class is producing – Ethos Magazine. It is going to be a load of work on top of our regular assignments. I am wondering how students in the past have managed….
We also have a website that is up and running but under development. In that website, I have a page with a bio and a picture. Please visit my page and leave a comment. (I am having a contest with my much younger classmates to get 50 comments on my page). Send my blog to your friends so they can comment too! You can find me at http://ethosmagazinewap.wordpress.com/janice-hayward/
- I have to say that this course, the projects, assignments and classmates have introduced me to more Victoria and new ideas. Here is a bit of what I have been up to:
- Chinese New Year – first one I have ever attended
- Royals Hockey Game – didn’t see the game ‘cause I was shooting J
- Idle No More Protests – great messages and a lot to learn
- Rugby – classmate Ty Jones was playing
- Medical marijuana – sat in the smoking room doing a photo documentary
- First Nations Adult Learning – learning about bringing their language back
- Barbara Hodgson and the Great Northern Boater’s Net
- Afternoon Tea in Victoria
- Interviewing a man terminally ill with Asbestosis
- Learning about the importance of the drum to First Nations people.
- Learning from the greatest instructors in the field
- Visiting CBC radio station
- Understanding the running of radar on the Malahat
- Interviewing Chief Jamie Graham – VicPD
- Writing for Island Gals Magazine
- Published in Metchosin Muse
- Learning, learning, learning
Thank you all for your support! I couldn’t do it without you.